Monday, January 14, 2008

Plans to be better.

I've never been big on New Year's resolutions, but I will say I think about it every year. "Am I going to make a resolution this year?" And I decide no every year... or at least, if I've ever decided yes, I failed so quickly that I don't recall even resolving.

This year, though, two weeks after the beginning of 2008, a little less than eight months from entering my 30's, I have a few things I'd like to be better at. I love my life and almost every night go to bed thanking my lucky stars (or whoever's responsible) for how great things are. But! (And there's always a "but...") The older I get, the more I realize there are certain things I need to make more time for, be more conscientious of...

Without further ado, these are the things I'm "resolving" to do... although I hate to think of them as resolutions...
  • Eat more veggies, and more healthfully in general.
  • Drink more water.
  • Exercise at least 15 minutes a day.
  • Be outside at least 15 minutes a day (combining this and the above for a walk is the initial plan).
  • Call Mom, Dad, Grandma and Vic & Zech at least once every two weeks.
  • Respond to emails I receive within two weeks.
  • Discuss the business side of our marriage with Bryan at least once a month.
  • Spend at least 30 minutes a day at least 4 days a week cleaning up my house.
That's kind of a lot of stuff for one girl to take on, but they are all things that I should have been doing for a long time. So we'll see how it goes. I'll, of course, keep you posted.

For starters, for lunch today I had veggie tortellini, carrots and chocolate milk. I thought that was good. :) And I'm drinking water now. I started only drinking soda on holidays and weekends a couple of months ago and that has gone well, with only a few slipups.

Starting today, I'm back on the "better-me" wagon. Wish me luck!

No comments: